March 15th - 19th, 2015
March is just around the corner, which means preparations are under way for CORROSION2015.
ICMT will again send a strong contingent with 15 conference participants.
Research will be presented in the following symposia:
CO2/H2S Corrosion in Wet Hydrocarbon-Containing Environments (TEG 059X)
- Corrosion of Mild Steel in an Aqueous CO2 Environment - Basic Electrochemical Mechanisms Revisited - Dr. Thu Tran
State-of-the-Art Research on Corrosion Inhibitors (TEG 094X)
- Comparison of Mono- to Di- PE Ratio in Inhibitor Formulations for Mitigation of Under Deposit Corrosion - Dr. Bruce Brown
Corrosion in Supercritical Systems (TEG 121X)
- Effect of H2S on the Corrosion Behavior of Pipeline Steels under Supercritical CO2 Environment - Dr. Yoon-Seok Choi
Refining Industry Corrosion (TEG 205X
- A Study of the Flow Effect on Naphthenic Acid Corrosion of Mild Steel - Dr. Gheorghe Bota.
Fluid-Induced Degradation-Corrosion, Erosion, and Their Interactions (TEG 213X)
- Evaluation of Wall Shear Stress in Multiphase Flow and Its Effect on FeCO3 Removal - Wei Li, Dr. Yao Xiong
- Flow Patterns and Water Wetting in Gas-Oil-Water Three-Phase Flow: A Flow Loop Study - Dr. Kee Kok Eng
Sour Corrosion (TEG 282X)
- Mechanistic Study of the Effect of FeS Scale on H2S Corrosion of Carbon Steel - Dr. Yougui Zheng
- Construction and Verification of Pourbaix Diagrams for Hydrogen Sulfide Corrosion of Mild Steel - Jing Ning
- Elemental Sulfur Corrosion Behavior in the Presence of Sulfur Solvent and Monoethylene Glycol - Najmaddin Yaakob
Mechanisms of Localized Corrosion (TEG 407X)
- The Likelihood of Localized Corrosion in an H2S/CO2 Environment - Dr. Bruce Brown
Top-of-Line Corrosion (TEG 515X)
Aria Kahyarian will present on modeling as a research in progress presentation. ICMT research on CO2 corrosion, H2S corrosion, flow effects, and inhibition will also be showcased by Nor Roslina Rosli, Dr. Yougui Zheng, Jing Ning, Wei Li, Supat Ieamsupapong, Juan Dominguez Olivio, Saba Navabzadeh, and Yuan Ding in poster sessions.
Furthermore, ICMT personnel will have a significant presence running conference sessions.
Associate Director Dr. Yoon-Seok Choi is Chair of the symposium on Electrochemical Measurements (TEG 097X).
Associate Director Prof. Marc Singer is Chair of the technical group dealing with Knowledge and Experience on Internal Corrosion of Pipeline Under Dewing Conditions: Top of the Line (TOL) Corrosion (TG 478).
TLC-JIP project leader Dr Fernando Farelas-Valencia is Vice-Chair of Corrosion in Supercritical Systems (TEG 121X).
ICMT Director Prof. Srdjan Nešic, CC-JIP project leader Dr. Bruce Brown, and Associate Director Prof. Marc Singer will present as invited authors in CO2 and H2S Metal Loss Corrosion - 10 Years Review (STG 31) with OHIO Adjunct Professor Dr. Moshen Achour as Vice Chair of the session.